With a new school year brings a lot of excitement, new teachers, new friends, and new routines. For some Lowell families this is their first year at the school so it also brings questions for instance, How do we find out about snow days? How do we buy lunch? Can I volunteer in the school?
For all of us that have been at the Lowell we know the answers, but to many those are things that aren't all that obvious. So I've created a Lowell new family guide (thanks to our Cunniff friends for letting me steal their idea) that you can look through to help answer some of these questions. If you have a question this doesn't answer, let us know. We'll try and get the answer for you and add it to this guide. Click here for the guide.
When I was a new parent, I always found it difficult knowing when things were scheduled to happen, when is picture day or the next early release? Calendars that are available to check; the Lowell PTO calendar is up to date, as is the Lowell School calendar. The District calendar is great to see what is going on at all the schools, that is also up to date.
The Lowell PTO website is a great source of quick information, up to date and with a section on the home page with upcoming events. The web URL is www.lowellpto.org.
A couple of things that are coming up that you can mark down:
- Lowell PTO Meeting; 6pm on September 12th. Come meet Ms. Phelan and hear how you can become involved
- 9/15: Kindergarten Parent Coffee, 8:30am, Ms. Phelan will host this coffee for Kindergarten parents and guardians.
- Lowell Family Movie Night: Sept. 15th, ice cream will be served before the movie (about 6:30 for ice cream, movie at dusk). This is a Lowell family (this means siblings are invited as well) event and not a drop off event. Children must have guardians with them.
- Back To School Night: Sept. 19th, 6pm. This is an evening you will hear Ms. Phelan talk about her vision for the school year, meet the specialists and different Lowell parent run organizations, and of course your child's teacher. Format and such will be communicated closer to the night.
- 9/20: Superintendent Coffees, 9am & 7pm. These are an excellent opportunity to meet Dr. Galdston, hear what is going on in the district and ask her questions.
9/20: Early Release; children have an early release. LEDP will be held immediately after school.
9/22: 1st Grade Parent Coffee, 8:30am, Ms. Phelan will host this coffee for 1st grade parents and guardians.
9/22: Picture Day: All children will have their picture taken and a class picture taken so be sure to dress up!
Lowell Elementary PTO President